The difference between visiting a general healthcare practitioner and an expert gynecologist

29 Dec The difference between visiting a general healthcare practitioner and an expert gynecologist

Do you need to see a gynecologist or can your family doctor assist you? A family doctor or nurse practitioner can help maximum females with all of the general queries and apprehensions that they have about their reproductive health. Whether it is birth control, premenstrual syndrome, queries about pregnancy or menopause, the clinician you see for your general medical needs can help and treat you as required.However, there might be times when the specialized skills and training of a gynecologist in Gurgaon is desirable. If you are undergoing pains that are out of the normal or you have indications that go beyond the range of your primary doctor’s training, you might be referred to a specialist for a closer inspection like Dr. Manavita Mahajan.

A family doctor is fortified to cope with maximum routine concerns regarding your sexual health and welfare. Your primary care physician can implement your internal examination and can offer screenings for sexually transmitted diseases as well as breast examinations. They can also offer counseling about birth control. If you want to discuss PMS or irregular periods you have been suffering, a nurse practitioner or primary health care provider might not be the one to talk to. You do necessitate a gynecologist for these apprehensions.You should see your doctor for regular Pap tests once a year. Start having them within three years of becoming sexually active or by the time you are 18 years of age. The Pap test is usually part of a routine pelvic checkup implemented by the doctor. It is done to search for any vicissitudes in the cells found in the cervix.A gynecologist is a physician who has received specialized training with regards to the reproductive system of ladies. These health care experts have the abilities required for diagnosis and treatment of a number of female-oriented ailments and disorders.

Your primary care doctor might decide after seeing you that you should be referred to a gynecologist. For instance, if a patient has received an anomalous result on a Pap test, she might be referred for a colposcopy, which recognizes abnormalities. From there, she will be sent to a female’s specialist for the treatment that is necessary to confiscate the abnormal tissue.A general practitioner might also refer a patient to a lady’s doctor for other disorders that necessitate a higher level of specialization. Fibroids, pelvic pain, ovarian or uterine cysts, or potential endometriosis are all reasons why going to see a specialist in this field would be very prudent.While maximum general practitioners and nurses can do what is essential to maintain the good sexual health of their lady patients, a gynecologist is a doctor with his or her own range of practice. At times, seeing your doctor is sufficient but sometimes for the sake of your health, you have to go one step further.

No Comments

Post A Comment